“It is crucial that we bring the fullest awareness, love and respect
into our care of the very young child in these times of great uncertainty.
They are the hope of the world.”
Dorothy Marlen is a freelance early childhood workshop leader, trainer and consultant with a specialisation in the Pikler approach to child care and Steiner/Waldorf Early Childhood education. She is the creator and course leader of the pioneering Crossfields Institute Level 3 EYE Holistic Baby and Child Care Diploma which combines these two approaches as well as the Early Years Foundation Stage. She was a co-founder and chair for 7 years of the Pikler UK Association, and is a Pikler pedagogue with the European Pikler Association. She has pioneered support groups for parents and babies based on the Pikler approach, which she has now run for 11 years. She organises and runs online Holistic Childcare Workshops for parents and early childhood professionals and also offers workshops and consultancy to nurseries and care settings, primarily supporting carers of babies and infants.
“I offer new levels of understanding, awareness and innovatory practice for the care of children up to three years old. My approach is pioneering and based on my training and over 25 years experience as a Steiner early childhood professional, and a certified Pikler pedagogue with the European Pikler Association.“
Dorothy has developed a specialism in running introductory courses, workshops and consultancy based on her Pikler training and experience
- Practical help in creating good attachment and co-operation from birth through an understanding of respectful conscious care
- Ensuring self-initiated movement and independent play in children from birth as a fundamental foundation for life and understanding the many obstacles to this happening
- How to slow down and simplify care to provide calm and contentment
- Self development and mindfulness tools for parents and carer
- Appropriate play objects for different ages
“I offer bespoke training and workshop packages and conference presentations that open up new levels of consciousness and respectful care for children up to three. I present a blend of experiential and reflective exercises, observation, with video footage and discussion to raise awareness and practice to new levels of care.”